Originated from a SMB manufacturer facing growth hurdles
We have started this project as a migration project for a client based on west coast. This company has been using legacy software which was non-relational database. It has been in use for a long time and served the purpose when the company was small. As company grew in business, there were few insights into production, material resource allocations issues, wrong parts being used or wrong CNC code being fed into the system for production and several other issues. This has hampered their growth and caused few missed shipping dates.
They approached us with their current set of issues and so began the foundations of a well thought product for small businesses. What we learnt over time is small manufacturing firms were left out of affordable solutions as they are dominated by big players such as SAP, IBM, Oracle and others. The other solutions are a single stack solutions or pre-packaged solutions that support majority of problems but miss the minor infrequent issues that can cause more pain to build them into a solution.
The following picture will describe what our solution can offer
System provides a customizable workflow among different modules, so that each part of this business has insight into likely ETAs, delays due to broken tools etc
Integration with Crystal Reports : 45 templates present for business insight. Reports can be highly customized on specific needs.
Higly customizable workflows and dashboards, based on roles
- Ability to handle customer orders with parts manufactured as well as purchased parts. Example, you are shipping a motor to
your customer, but the customer says ship us also the FEET for the motor
- Ability to multiship partial orders at different dates and different locations.If your customer ordered 10 finished components, and would like to have first three motors shipped to their partner in a different location, but needs the invoicing handled by the parent office.
Example: Campbell Soups, outsources their soup manufacturing to a plant in LosAngeles, but the billing is handled at their headquarters. The rest of the sales order needs to be dispatched at a later date to a plant in Louisiana
- Ability to service a repair job on a part that arrives from a customer, ability to inspect and provide quote back
- Releasing a sales order triggers resource planning with Production, Purchasing and Assembly teams
- Setup customers with different headquarters, multiple shipping locations. For shipping needs, Campbell Soup Plants are in several locations, but billing is in one location, Tag Shipments
- Create new manufacturing parts, Clone a part and its BOM
- Setup bill of materials for this part using inhouse made parts, purchase parts. A 'motor' contains a shaft, rotor, stator, casing, feet etc
- Ability to substitute parts on a released order
- Setup specific production instructions. Sometimes, the production worker may have feedback on the manufacturing process and is very important to utilize that feedback for subsequent manufacturing iterations. Example: A CNC-Lathe worker has found an alignment of the material at a specific angle to reduce damage to the cutter.
- Add drawings, manufacturing instructions
- Repository for CNC machine instruction code files for individual parts
- Release jobs for workshop - BOM requirements analyzer and availability checkins
- Realtime Tracking Job flow
- Separate Touchscreen dashboards for WORKERS on workshop floor
- Assign jobs to workers
- Prioritize tasks at a workcenter due to shifting needs of a customer, assign tasks to workers
Assembly & Shipping Management
- Customizable dashboards
- Assemble based on WorkOrder completions and Purchase Order Fulfillments
- Ship entire order to partial ship a single order line
- Setup shipping costs and taxes
- Shipping Facility for Distributors and OEM manufacturers
Accounting : Receivables and Payables
- No need of any external software integration
- Customizable WORKFLOWS
- Ledger Accounting, Journaling
- Generate multiple A/R invoices for a single order and receive payments
- Payables, Generate-->Schedule-->Authorize-->Print/Post Checks
- Cancel/Reprint/Reschedule payments
- Aging Reports
You can assess if this system fits your needs and can this system assist in your company growth. Call us for a 30 day test account on our cloud server